1. 4th of July Ideas
Great recommends for catching the spirit of 4th of July either in the Coachella Valley or Away
- Palm Desert Civic Center Park Independence Day Celebration
- City of Coachella's July 4th Independence Day Celebration
- Fantasy Springs Independence Day Celebration
- Palm Springs Power Baseball Game Fireworks Display
- Palm Springs Pool Firework Display
- Agua Caliente Casino Resort & Spa 4th Annual Fireworks Spectacular
- The Gardens at El Paseo
- 4th of July Block Party at Grand Park Downtown LA
- Hollywood Bowl 4th of July Spectacular
- Annual Big Bay Boom July 4th Fireworks Show in San Diego
- Seaside Lagoon at Redondo Beach
- Americafest at Rosebowl
- Independence Day Festival and Fireworks at Escondido
- Mira Mesa Fourth of July Celebration
- Pacific Palisades Parade
2. Music Spots
Catch amazing local Coachella Valley artists, musicians and DJs at these music spots around the Coachella Valley.
- The Ace Hotel Palm Springs Amigo Room
- Pappy & Harriets in Pioneer Town
- The Hood in Palm Desert
- Bart in Cathedral City
- Big Rock Pub in La Quinta
- The Red Barn in Palm Desert
- Tack Room Tavern
- Coachella Valley Brewing Company
- La Quinta Brewing Co in Old Town La Quinta
- Birba in Palm Springs
- Moxie in Palm Springs
- Palm Canyon Roadhouse in Palm Springs
- Plan B Live Entertainment in Thousand Palms
Some upcoming concerts in the Coachella Valley and surrounding areas for you to check out:
- Splash House is back in August!
- Little Big Town will be at the Fantasy Springs Casino on June 29th.
- Casino Morongo will have The B-52's on Friday September 28th.
- Roger Daltrey will be coming to Fantasy Springs Casino on August 18th.
- Pitbull is coming to Temecula on July 20th.
- Christina Aguilera's Liberation tour will be coming to Fantasy Springs on October 24
- Viva Pomona is a summer two day music festival in Pomona, they will be hosting artists like Surf Curse, the Marias and E Arenas.
- Los Tigres del Norte will be performing in Paso Robles on June 30th.
- The Blank Tapes will be at the Ace in Palm Springs on June 29th.
4. Stargazing Spots
Cool nights mean stargazing! Here are some spots for checkin out the stars:
- Joshua Tree National Park
- The Salton Sea
- The Mesa-Yucca Valley
- Whitewater Canyon
- Painted Hills in Desert Hot Springs
- Anza-Borego Desert State Park
- Sky's the Limit Observatory in 29 Palms
- Amboy Crater
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Your own backyard!
5. Get Creative Indoors
When its too hot outside, get creative indoors!
- Host a cooking class with friends
- Nintendo / Gaming competition
- Game night
- Wine tasting
- Crafting night
- Movie marathon
6. Kid Friendly Ideas
Fun things to do with the kids!
- Go to Wet n Wild Palm Springs to cool off with the whole family.
- La Quinta Lazer Oasis for fun out of the sun
- Go to Get Air Palm Desert for fun for the whole family
- Boomers Palm Springs
- Get away from the heat and go to a movie
- Bowling Alley
- Shakeys Pizza
- Palm Desert Aquatic Center
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Palm Springs Air Museum
7. Cool Off With Water!
Water fun! Check out these water centers or hotels that may have fees for lounging
- Palm Desert Aquatic Center
- Palm Springs Swim Center
- Ace Hotel & Swim Club
- Renaissance Esmeralda
- Whitewater Preserve
- Client Tropics Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel
- Omni Resort
- The Saguaro
- Wet N Wild Waterpark
8. Idyllwild Getaway
Take a trip up to Idyllwild!
- Hiking, fishing, camping and picnicking in Idyllwild Park
- Idyllwild Brewpub brewery
- Rent a cabin for a get-away stay
- Idyllwild Nature Center
- Middle Ridge Winery
- Idyllwild Area Historical Society Museum
9. Yucaipa Regional Park
Check out this great water retreat in San Bernardino
- Paddle Boat
- Lounge on the beach
- Ride the waterslides
10. Sunset Picnics
Once it cools down, enjoy a picnic at these parks in the CV or surrounding areas.
- Palm Desert Civic Centert Park
- La Quinta Park
- Balboa Park in San Diego
- Santa Monica Pier
- Oceanside Harbor Fuel Dock